I'm writing a book for Newfound Witches...

... and want to make sure I don't miss anything.

I have started writing a new book. I would like it to be a "hand book" of sorts for new found witches of all paths. So I am keeping it a little general as far as the religious side. But I am going to cover basic dos & don'ts, Karma & the 3 fold rule, Basic Tools, Myths, Basic Rituals and more...

My question is, if you had a say in this book, what things would you want to make sure were included?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How about a way to "come out of the broom closet", as well as a way to help others understand their path?
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• perhaps you should get into natural energies as well.. more of a spiritualistic side. Try reading some of Joshua Warrens books to get a better insight, he's got a lot of great scientific theories that cover natural energies, and a lot lot more.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• GROUNDING and CENTERING!!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Not to discourage you. But if you really want to have this book published i think you should research the genre first. There are plenty of Pagan books that cover the "basics". Make sure you are offering your readers a different book from what is already out there.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I do agree with salemwitchchild. When i saw you were doing it on the basics the first thing that came to my head is all the books i've read that are about basic witchcraft. Either you should make sure that this book is going to be different then the others, or perhaps you should write a book for the more advances witch. There are not as many books out there that cover high magick.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Me too Salemwitchchild. There are so many books on the basics. Try something different and it will sell but there are way too many books on basics right now. I like what outstandinglove said, we do need more books on higher level magick.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2010