Got a good recipe that uses egg noodles?

maybe some chicken noodle soup or something else yummy with egg noodles?
im looking for things i can make a big batch of and freeze serving sizes of and reheat when baby comes :) im thinking something with egg noodles would be yummy

Riosmommy

Asked by Riosmommy at 9:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can make this casserole and freeze the whole thing, take it out and bake it later.

Ingredients

1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup frozen peas or other vegetables
    Chicken Breasts, cooked, cut up
    2 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
    2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
    1 tablespoon butter, melted
    Directions

Stir the soup, milk, peas, chicken and noodles in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl.
    Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture.
    Bake for 5 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Just an FYI--when I make chicken noodle soup, I never mix the noodles in until I am ready to eat otherwise they get way too soggy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• http://www.supercook.com/

Oh and go to this site.  You can input the ingredients you have on hand and it will give you recipes with those specific ingredients!  Congrats on your little one!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Oh and another tip . . lol  Go to  http://www.recipezaar.com/  and type in OAMC (Once a month cooking) and will give tons of foods that freeze well.

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I make my chicken noodle ahead and freeze it, then it is a quick heat and eat.
    I usually bake a chicken and we eat it for dinner, whatever is left I use for chicken noodle soup. So I take the liquid at the bottom of the pan after I bake the chicken and put it in a bowl and refrigerate it. the next day the fat will have solidified at the top. I scrape that off and that is the base for my chicken soup.
    So I take that stock and add it to a pan with a couple of cups of water, add diced onion and garlic also salt and pepper to taste. I then add the shredded chicken form the left over baked chicken. The soup will be really strong at this point, but that is okay. I then let it cool and put it in a freezer bag and freeze. When I want to eat it I thaw and put it in a pot, add two cans broth and two cans water, bring to boil and add the noodles. Boil for ten minutes, add veggies. I like frozen green beans and corn, but you could use...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• ...celery and frozen carrots. Boil for five minutes and add some parsley. The whole dinner in 20 minutes.
    I like to do the broth and chicken and then freeze because I think if you freeze after adding the noodles, that they turn out mushy and gross.
    SleepingBeautee

• Mushroom Stroganoff, is a great, speedy weeknight dinner, especially if you cook the noodles the night before (I use whole wheat egg noodles or bowties). I also throw in spinach, either fresh or frozen chopped.
    1 lb portabello mushrooms (either the large or baby bellas), cut in half and sliced
    1/2 onion, diced
    1 - 1 1/2 c sour cream (I use fat free plain Greek yogurt)
    1/2 - 1 Tbsp Hungarian Paprika
    salt & pepper to taste
    olive oil or butter (I use some of each)
    1/8 cup (or so) vegetable broth or dry white wine (optional, not part of the original recipe; I think that it gives it some depth)
    Saute diced onions in olive oil or butter (your preference) until just soft and translucent. Add sliced mushrooms, saute until cooked through. Add broth/wine paprika and incorporate well. Turn down heat and add sour cream. Heat through, add salt & pepper to taste. Add more sour cream if the 1 cup doesn't cover everything well

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 9:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I always made food and froze it before my babies were born. With the last baby I didn't have to cook for the first six weeks. :D

You can also make some pot pies and freeze those. I love homemade pot pie. Message me for the recipe. Congrats on your LO.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Serve on top of egg noodles or rice. Once I made this and I didn't have enough yogurt, so I added cream cheese and it was still very good! Mushrooms are a great source of protein as well as many other nutrients.
    http://www.mushroomcouncil.com/nutrition/nutri.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Tuna Noodle Casserole(google it), my hubby loves them with butter, half a cup of parm cheese, and garlic salt. Also Beef Stew over a bed of egg noodles is really good. You can freeze the stew and make the noodles and put themin the fridge.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2010