Serious Question?

Our furance just started about an hour ago smoking really bad. We automatically turned it off, but because one the house is an old one, built in the 70's (Trailer house) and you never know would you be packing important papers, and clothing, making sure cell phones are charged, and getting pet taxi's ready. Anything I missed on here, let me know I'm freaking out and my Grandma advised me to get things ready and be prepared in case something bad happens.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Did you call an HVAC company?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We had a house fire and I learned this:. You never know when a fire could occur and you can never be ready for it completely. If you spend your time freaking out over what could happen you will never enjoy life. Since the fire I have bought a small fireproof safe. they are pretty cheap. I put important papers, ie b. certificate, contracts, and such in it. If you have items of value like jewelery, put it in there also. I put my grandmothers watch in it. You cannot possible put away everything of value, you have it out to enjoy it. What else I learned was we were all safe and I still have my family. By the way, get a furnace man out....have a great day.
    gammiej

Answer by gammiej at 8:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Call someone...get this fixed...
    deenakate

Answer by deenakate at 1:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2010