Do you drink caffeine?

I have coffee every morning, usually two cups and then I eat chocolate all the time! Is that bad? My daughter is breastfed and doesnt seem to have upset tummy or trouble sleeping...but I didnt even know I wasnt supposed to eat chocolate. OOPS. As far as the coffee, my doctor said it was fine while I was pregnant, but I haven't asked her since I had the baby. I was actually eating a piece of chocolate pie while reading something about not eating choc. while bfeeding. Am I bad or does anybody else do this too?

cpuckett27

Asked by cpuckett27 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Seriously... it just doesn't matter all that much Hon. People on here will say that's child abuse if you listen to these preachers. Do what you want.
    Anonymous

• I ate schocolate, but didnt drink caffiene
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• i love caffeine and i have to have it at all times so I know who you feel
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I don't know a woman that doesn't eat some chocolate. When breastfeeding I try to limit coffee consumption to 1 cup a day, 2 on a rare occasion.
    Anonymous

• I drink iced tea quite a bit and I eat chocolate. I haven't really changed my eating or drinking habits much at all. I do try to eat healthy, but I'm not fanatical about it. The only thing I do any different is that I don't drink an alcoholic beverage right before nursing. I will wait until immediately after or after she's gone to bed for the night since she sleeps 7-9 hours now.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I gave up caffeine when I found out that I was pregnant; I stayed off the bean until my daughter weaned herself at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I drink coffee and eat chocolate every day and breastfeed. Who says you can't have chocolate when you breastfeed? That is crazy! (yes, I'm sure there are babies out there who react to it, but it is in no way a blanket no no) Coffee is fine while breastfeeding. Tons of info in this at Breastfeeding and Caffeine

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I drink iced tea pretty often but not because it has caffeine. It could be decaf and I probably wouldn't notice. I also don't drink it with sugar.
    Anonymous