What steps do I need to take to start reducing my belly fat?

I have been drinking lots of water, I cut out most salty and sweet foods, and I walk daily (usually about 2 miles total, even in the cold lol). I do notice my endurance going up already but I am afraid that I will lose weight my big fat belly will stay big and fat. What can I do to focus the weight loss in that area? I am planning on losing around 80 pounds total.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 9:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Reduce your sugar consumption. Try to avoid HFCS and processed foods. Walk and exercise. Walking really works wonders. Pilates is great too.
    Anonymous

• i hear nothing but good things about pilates! it's like yoga, but more intense and it focuses a lot on your abs. I know someone who has 5 kids, but thanks to her dedication to pilates every day, her body and tummy are very toned!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Personally I don't like pilates and don't think it does anything. I took an advanced class for 6 months and nothing happened. I've been doing the Special K diet and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Bootcamp workout and I've lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks and I'm losing belly fat and its starting to tone up. I have or had a total of 50 lbs to lose now I have 40. Good luck!!!
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Start using weights...it will speed your metab up. Also shock your system. If your body gets used to walking, try jogging for a minute or two during your walks....then build up the job time. You can firm up your stomach muscles by doing crunches but your will not see the results until you get some of the fat off. It will come in time and don't get discouraged!
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 10:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I have had 7, yes 7 surgeries, 3 c-sects, 1 ectopic preg, 1 gall bladder removal,tubiligation and when I needed an appendectomy, due to the scar tissue they had to cut me as if I were having a c-sect again as not to knick my bladder. By the time they finished with me, my belly looked like a rr station and a butt in the front. Aug. last year, I was 209, 5'1, and when I delivered my baby I was only 203 and that was 19 yrs ago! There is a garment that reduces INSTANTLY 2-3 dress sizes when you immediately put it on. Then, while wearing it, you naturally lose weight. No sweating, but your core is pulled tight, increasing your metabolism, naturally burning fat cells. I have lost over 35 pounds from a size 16-18 to a size 10-12. I feel the best ever! I can give you the information if you want. 856.287.5240. There is hope.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 9:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010