help.......this is gonna sound bad.....I feel the best years of my life are behind me and I dont care anymore....I hate the present and have no interest in the future.

There was a time when I was truly happy and everything was ok.....I would give anything to feel that way again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Then make it feel that way again. I tell my children that if they are not happy then make a change. Even a small change helps. The result of that small change gives you power over your life again, no matter how small. That small change leads to a larger change. I suffer from clinical depression and sometimes it's nasty. I won't take prescription meds for it so have to work my way through some of the nastiest episodes. I have to make it a challenge to find the good and the desire to go on. I make it a game. If I don't I won't even try. I also use humor as a coping mechanism. Laugh. Just stand in the room and laugh...for no reason. That makes it funnier. I had forgotten how to laugh one time and I was miserable. Now I find humor (absurdity) in almost everything. I have no interest in the future either but that's good. It keeps me in the present and striving to make each day worth living. Find one thing good each day.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Then, you need to choose to feel that way again. You have got to find something positive about your life and go with it. It's important to feel good about yourself. If you cannot, then you at least need to make a list of things that you are thankful for and tell yourself all those wonderful things about yourself that you love. Write down a small list of easy goals and check them off one by one. Successes come in small packages. (ex: getting your house clean) Work your way up to bigger goals. Spend time in quiet every day to clear your head and find your inner peace. There has to be something in this life that you love, that makes you happy, and that you are thankful for. Start there and work your way up!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Oh honey, you are severly depressed and need help. Depression can make you feel severly hopeless and make you feel like nothing will be okay. You may feel like no one likes you, want to sleep more, not sleep enough, so many things. You may think getting help won't work, but at this point what do you have to lose! You are posting this to reach out, so I know something in you does care. Don't stay in dark areas, keep your rooms well lit, keep busy, opn spaces, fresh air, and make sure you are eating healthy. PM me if you need to talk and add me!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Here let me hand you an oar...I'm in the same boat as you. Hang in there. It won't be like this forever. I've had a few good days of tears here and there and an all out war of words and blood pressure probably hit the roof last night with my SO. I'm in here, in this body, but I just feel so lost and disgusted. i'm turning 40 in five days, scary concept as I have nothing really to show for my life thus far except for the 7 beautiful children i gave birth too. Two bad marriages, and a third relationship that is spiraling to the toilet after 7 years, I'm telling ya....my canoe is sinking here. But I try to keep my humor and wits about me as best I can...mainly for my children. I'm looking for a job, want to go to school for EMT certification, I have aspirations so I truly don't think it's a lost cause yet.

Just try and look at the good things in your life. If you need a friend, pm me...I'll keep ya afloatwith that other oar! :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• sounds like you have depression you should seek professional help
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• This might sound silly, but it could just be PMS, if you're feeling better in a week or so, than it probably is. I think that there are over the counter medicaitons or remedies for that.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Yeah stacey really smart, leave it to you to trivialise severe depression. PMS...let's just blame everything on it. PMS doesn't make you want to give up on life.
    Anonymous

• The only thing that help when I am depressed is do something nice for somebody else. I used to help a very handicap kid (10 years old) I fed him and clean him. It felt good. I also help a elderly lady that could not walk and they really need the help and me you feel great. My aunt goes to the hospital and just hold and sing to the very premature babies and help them to fall sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• anon............what does trivialise mean. I don't suffer from depression, but sometimes I feel miserable and it proabably has to do with PMS. And anon, if that is your advice right above this than that is silly.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010