Convenient Christians

Anyone have any family/friends who roll out the Christian stuff only for holidays and when they disagree with you? my Sil,who is far from a model Christian,will bring up Jesus to suit her argument if she disagrees with what I say or do.you don't dare question "her beliefs".Its so sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with neebug. A lot of people get things twisted and have no idea what being a christian really means. I hate the fake christians and yes, I do have some convient christians in my family as well.. ugh
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Yes and the best thing you can do is to arm yourself with the truth. Read the Bible and realize that a whole lot of people twists its words to fit their own needs. Only until you have read it yourself, will you know whether she is telling you the truth.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You know, I'm really tired of people genaralizing Christians. There are so many different types of Christian Churches. If you look it up Christian is actually the definition of someone who believes in Jesus Christ. No Christians are perfect, and they all struggle with issues just like non Christian's . People don't look for faith in God because they are just fine on their own. There isn't an exclusive club that you have to join to call yourself a Christian. Just cut her a break and let it go.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I agree with neebug. A lot of people get things twisted and have no idea what being a christian really means. I hate the fake christians and yes, I do have some convient christians in my family as well.. ug

So you "hate the fake ones" and love the real ones? Who decides who's who? It's not up to us, it's up to God. Maybe you should read up about the Pharisees in the new Testament. He who is without sin cast the first stone people. A prostitute washed Jesus' feet and showed more respect and love for him than the "real Christians" of that time.
    Anonymous

• Jesus said love them no matter what. Set the example.
    Anonymous

• confusedwait...i thought this was the 'just for fun' section.......

thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Visit the R&B section, it's full of them.
    Anonymous

• I'm confused as to why "what type of Christian" would post such an angry, spite filled message?
    Anonymous

• Yep I have them. But I have others who do the same thing just in a different way. I don't care too much for people who are just trying to be right instead of just being heard. I'll be thinking I hear you for the 10th time but I don't agree.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2010