Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel hopeless!please read this and help me,just give me your advice

im from another country married to an 1st he was adorable,we were so much in love,he promised that if i stay here and marry him we would go visit my country and be happy....just days after getting married he started to change we have now a 1year old baby,she doesnt know anything from my country or my family.he stole my passeport so i wont go there for vacation and made me go to court and sign something so i wont run away with the baby.its just ridiculous,how can he think like that?i will never do such a thing.i m so lonely and sad i have no family or friends.i want to be happy with my husband and daughter i want to see and visit my family too.he doesnt understand that its always about him.he gets to see his family everyday and if i dont come with him he will get mad at me and threating me that we are going to have big problems me and him
pls give me an advice i love him,but im so lonely and i miss my family too

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • Go to the Embassy designated for your country. They will help you with your situation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • Get a new passport. He had no right to do that to you. I'd leave him. He's trying to isolate you and control you.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • How about bringing some of your family here to visit you and meet the baby?

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • he is a control freak...I would be running fast away from him!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • thats fucked up. get a way from him & take your daughter too

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • i cant bc its so expensif and they wont get their i guess im stuck bc i love him but i cant stand being alone by myself all day long with no friends

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

  • Hon. I am from another country and I am also married to an american. Let me tell you that what he is doing is not normal. He is trying to control you. Before you try to do anything get in contact with your embassy and find out what kind of protection can they provide you (you have to explain your situation, you have to tell them the threats). Second, I do not know if you have your green card or if you are a citizen. If you do not have your green card applied for that asap and if you have been three or more years and have the green card get your citizenship asap. That way you are going to have no problems trying to get a visa to go to your country. Another thing you should do is start friendships as soon as possible. Start you network in case he does something to you or to your daughter. What he is doing is emotional abuse bc he is isolating you from others, especially from your family.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

  • Sweetie, this is NOT normal, and it's not good! I know a lot of Americans that are married to people from other countries (we're a military family, so we move a lot and have friends that have lived all over). Many of them are happily married to the person they fell in love with who just happens to be from another country. BUT - sometimes it's men who marry women from other countries because they think they can control them and boss them around better and easier than they can American women.

    I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're married to a man that's like that! I would STRONGLY suggest that you contact the Embassy from your home country and tell them that your American husband has taken your passport and won't let you have it. That is ILLEGAL! If there isn't one near you, you can email them. Set up an email account in secret so your husband doesn't know about it, and do a search on the internet.


    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

  • cont

    Do a search for the nearest Embassy or Consulate to you. You can contact them with the secret email address. Make sure you clear your computer history after you check your emails and after you do the search. That way, he won't know what you're doing.
    (You can clear your history item by item, so he won't know you cleared it.)

    Now, as far as taking your daughter to go visit your family, honestly, that's a little more tricky, because to get a US passport for a minor child both parents have to sign. BUT - your Consulate should be able to help you with that, too.

    But this is NOT healthy, he's controlling you and basically holding you hostage by seizing your passport, and, as I said, it's illegal! GOOD LUCK!


    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

  • Please message me! I think I may be able to help.

    Answer by angietomas91 at 5:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.