should i ask for money?

my so claimed me and our son on his taxes. i didn't work most of the year because i was pregnant and no one would hire a pregnant girl. anyway. he got five thousand back and he got a 47 inch flat screen,xbox games,and a laptop. i want some money to buy our son some stuff? since i didn't work and it's not my money do you think i should ask for some money anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• He should be buying his son stuff, period! If he could claim you then the deduction he got was a price-tag on your head, so hell YES some of that money belongs to you.... unless we are back in the days of slavery!

Anonymous

• yes I do

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It's both your money whether you worked or not. And he should care about his kid enough for you not to have to ask.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• your kidding right. he wouldnt have your son without you, thats your money too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• YES he should want to get your son the stuff he needs with that money!
    Anonymous

• Yes. I don't work and my husband always consults with me about what we will use that money for. Last year he got parts to build a new computer with a portion of it and I was given an equal amount for whatever I wanted. The rest went in the bank.
    Anonymous

• oh yes he should have made sure you and your son had everything you guys needed before buying that kind of stuff you better ask him for some of that money before he spends it he used you and your sons social to get that extra money so you are entitled to some of it
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• File for child support

Answer by rkoloms at 10:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• You shouldn't have to ask. But since you do, yes you should, he should give you half, if not more. Next year, you claim your child.

Anonymous

• Definitely. You are entitled to that money just as he is.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 10:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2010