why does each parent blame each other for their kids bad choices they made?

When your kids choose the opposite of what you want them to be .And you work for them to put them in college. And they fail .Is it because some parents expose to much of they wrong doing in front of their kids.Like doing drugs,arguring at each,partying,drinking and passing out,selling body or drugs.Are we to blame them or ourseleves? Do we need to grow up and pay more attention are kids? Are keep trying to look young and change are facial look by having surgery,so are kids can do the same .Because they see trying to be some one else? Why have did this to are kids you know they follow what their parents did.

keepitoff

Asked by keepitoff at 10:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• First of all, it's easier to blame someone else then admit you were wrong. Second of all, especially with adult children, they make their own choices. It's not your fault if they CHOOSE a life of drugs, crime, etc. You do provide an example for them to base their lives on, but once they are grown, it's out of your hands.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Parents are a big influence in their childrens lives as they grow up, but just like us, when we grow up and know better we do better.

Aeroney

Answer by Aeroney at 6:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You give them a good foundation to make them succeed when they go off to college.

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My children fail or succeed because of the choices that they make. My husband and I have laid a very strong foundation for them to build upon, but as soon as they are old enough to make their own decisions, we let them. We help them when they ask and we can help, but we also let them deal with the fallout of bad choices without laying blame on one another.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I never blame anyone for my kids wrong doing I bite the bullet and do the right thing! As far as the rest of your question????????????
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• what exactly are you trying to say here,? That your kids are following your footsteps and you don't like it. you want something better for them? of course you do. Did you really sit down and have a serious talk with them about this. Just tell them your in college to have a career big or small but to learn something. And better your lifes. And if they are not going to straighten up ,and do good in college that you will take them out and they will have to look for some kind of job and do something in their lives.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• My parents and my stepmom weren't perfect but they're not responsible for some of the stupid decisions I made when I was a teenager and right out of high school...I knew what the difference between right and wrong.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 6:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010