Taxes?

I just got my W2 today and I noticed the federal taxes withheld were lower than usual. I assume it is due to the stimulus thing that Obama did. Did any of you have the same thing happen? Did you get back a decent return or did you end up having to pay this year? We're still waiting for DH's tax return, and of course we have our son to claim and childcare expenses and I think education expenses since we both go to school. I'm just hoping we don't get stuck having to pay something cause we are relying on this money since DH is out of work.

mama2conor

Asked by mama2conor at 11:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• yeah my taxes were less too. i qualified for the first time buyer credit this year.. but if i didnt, i would have got 400 less than last year. So it did make a difference.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 11:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• We got the 1st time homebuyer credit for 2008, so unfortunately we have to pay that back over the next 15 years. I really wish they would have changed it when they did it for 2009 (does that make sense). You are so lucky, LOL.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 11:29 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Yeah I noticed that. However we got more back since we qualified for the new (is it new?) tuition credit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Oh good. DH and I should qualify for that too. We just weren't sure what it was called.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Most " tax breaks" obama gave this past year will have to be paid back. It sucks for most. No we didnt get any " tax breaks" Thankfully
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2010