I NEED TO LOSE SOME BABY WEIGHT!!!!!!!!

So I am still nursing and I definitely don't want to stop nursing for weightloss but I also need to get my self esteem up. I am thinking about doing a 48hours body cleanse. I drink a water mixed with a powder cleanse few times a day and take an Acai' supplement that boost natural energy. What do you think? And what has worked for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i need to lose some baby weight too.
    i don't know how the body cleanse will affect the production of milk, so i think you should talk to your doctor first before doing that.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• If you eat several small meals drink a lot of water and exercise especially while nursing you will lose weight.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• no carbs, lots of protein, lots of water, and exercise, especially cardio
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• SImply watch your diet and KEEP NURSING. I NEVER exercised after my son was born, I spent the majority of my time nursing and I lost all 70 lbs I gained. Nursing burns more calories than some exercises. Also, DO NOT do a 24-hr cleanse. What goes into your body will go into your babies. Talk to your doctor if you are very concerned. How old is your baby?
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I have had 7, yes 7 surgeries, 3 c-sects, 1 ectopic preg, 1 gall bladder removal,tubiligation and when I needed an appendectomy, due to the scar tissue they had to cut me as if I were having a c-sect again as not to knick my bladder. By the time they finished with me, my belly looked like a rr station and a butt in the front. Aug. last year, I was 209, 5'1, and when I delivered my baby I was only 203 and that was 19 yrs ago! There is a garment that reduces INSTANTLY 2-3 dress sizes when you immediately put it on. Then, while wearing it, you naturally lose weight. No sweating, but your core is pulled tight, increasing your metabolism, naturally burning fat cells. I have lost over 35 pounds from a size 16-18 to a size 10-12. I feel the best ever! I can give you the information if you want. 856.287.5240. There is hope.
    revivedmom

Answer by revivedmom at 9:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010