When will I get stretch marks?

No, seriously, I'm wondering. first baby and have been faithful with applying Palmers tummy butter and of course the cocoa butter too, three times a day. But my friend says that just eliminates them...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They can pop in at any time. Make sure you put the lotion on you bottom too! That is the only place I got stretch marks!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• adding to the other posters answer... put it on your boobs also because they will stretch

Stretch marks can come at any time but I would say maybe around 30 weeks. Your skin will start to itch and that will be a sign that it is stretching. I have 3 kids and only one stretch mark so I got lucky:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I didn't think I got any during my pregnancy! I was stoked! But then after I had my baby and my stomach deflated, they all showed. I had a nice smooth tight (well lotioned!) round tummy the whole last 4 months and didn't see a single sign of a stretch mark! 'Til a week after deliver....
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 2:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Mine popped up 2 weeks before I was induced. I rubbed so much cocoa butter on me through out my pregnancy, I really thought I wasn't going to get any then one morning I woke up with a billion itchy red bumps on the bottom of my tummy (below my belly button) my OB/GYN said I had gotten the pregger rash. I also had gotten one huge deep stretch mark on my thigh that actually bled when I slipped out of the shower. I thought I didn't have very many till my preeclampsia and I gained 20 lbs in a week. (which is what caused my induction) I got them on my calves, thighs, hips, butt, you name it! If I were you I would continue what you are doing and buy a good exfoliate I recommend body sugar. It has helped reduce the visibility of my stretch marks. I also had a boy. I am trying to conceive now and I am terrified my stretch marks are gonna become worse :(
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• use the palmers oil too it helps keep it plyable thats what im using now before i get preggers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2010