Would you date or marry someone who is very overweight?

I usually never have because I think it's unattractive. I met a guy though who is really sweet, but is really fat. To the point it is unhealthy. Probably 250-300 pounds.

Right now I can't say too much though, I recently had a baby and I went from a size 6 to a size 12. I ate a lot because before I only had 1 meal a day and a few snacks. I need to lose 25-30 pounds to be comfortable with myself.

If it were you, would you date the fat guy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• No, because health is priority to me. Yes, inside matters most and is what keeps you around. But there are other things that immediatly atttract you...looks, things in common etc before things even get serious. So for me, since I workout 3 hours a day and go hiking, running, snowboarding, surfing etc. my interests basically require someone to be in shape....I enjoy other things too...but just saying..
    Anonymous

• But, in the end who cares what we would chose? If he's nice and you don't have a problem with it, than that's your call darling, your happiness! :)
    Anonymous

• If you aren't attracted to him physically than the relationship probably won't work. I know I wouldn't date someone I didn't find attractive and IMO I wouldn't be attracted so someone who didn't want to be healthy.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• It depends. If I liked him, probably.
    Let me also say when I met my dh he was 6'2 and 155lbs. He was a stick. Did I find slim jims attractive before that no, but he was sweet and funny and let me be who I am without judgments. He loved me for me.
    If you couldn't love him with your whole heart in spite of his weight then you need to move on. You will likely not be able to change him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• only if i was physically attracted to him.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• I used to only date men who were at least 300 lbs. I love big men! I found out that the bigger they are the nicer they are and they try really hard to be a great guy in your life. Then I met SO. He's not 300 lbs and he can be a jerk but I like him despite himself but if I ever leave him I'll go back to the big ole boys!! Woo Hoo!!! (when I say "bigger" I do not mean down there either) Give the guy a chance. He might be a great guy. Oh and quit eating only one meal. Your body will think it's starving and it will start storing food as fat and you will GAIN weight. Eat several small meals a day instead then ride that mountain man like he's a theme park ride!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Overweight - probably. As long as I was still physically (and otherwise of course) attracted to him.

Disgustingly obese - probably not.
    Anonymous

• I have and I would again. A man's weight has nothing to do with his personality. I used to date an obese guy about ten years ago. Coolest guy in the world! And he treated me very nicely-bought me flowers, took me to expensive restaurants, bought me jewelry, perfumes, etc. I wasn't raised to judge people by their appearance.

My daughter's father is slightly overweight, and I don't care. He's a really good guy.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• nope would not for many reasons
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• "Eat several small meals a day instead then ride that mountain man like he's a theme park ride! "

OMG! I LOVE this! ROFLMAO!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2010