Sick? Or teething?

My 18 month old is getting his molars in and for the past week he has had a congested cough and runny nose but now for the past 2 days he's had a slight fever. If he still has it tomorrow I'm calling the doctor, but does anyone know if a teething fever can really last 4 days? Or could it be something else? He's not acting sick and the only time he gets fussy about it he also starts chewing on his fingers so I know his teeth are hurting him too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 14 month is going throught teething right now, everytime his teeth comes in he is fussy, fever, crying, congested, chewing on his fingers etc. etc. for about a week if not more once the tooth breaks through the skin he feels better for couple weeks and then back through the whole process again.
    Give him some infant Tylenol and some cool water it helps a lot and try rubbing his gums or give him something to chew on.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• could be a little of both. probably getting germs from chewing on his fingers. call the doctor about the fever. give infant tylenol. make sure it wasnt on the recall list.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• could be both if tylenol doesnt control the fever call the doc and you could try what my kids love is an unopened iceepop or frozen washcloth. my youngest doesnt really get a fever but she does get congested and tends to get a rash on her bottom when shes teething.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I say its probably hs teething. But if the fevor is high I would call the doctors and be sure its not a cold he's got there too.;-)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010