How long before he stops pooping in the middle of the night?

We just adopted a 9 week old puppy from the humane society. They told us that at his age he can only hold his pee for 2 hours, I understand that.

What about poop? This little guy goes like 4 times a day. I keep waking up to a pile of poop right next to my computer chair, I guess that's his spot. When will he stop? How do I teach him not to poop on my floor at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Im 20 and I still poop at night. It never ends!!

ahhhhh
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Quit feeding him at night.
    Anonymous

• Stop feeding him a few hours before bedtime.
    Anonymous

• put down a piddle pad by your computer chair.
    Anonymous

• dennysgirl - when did you learn that you don't poop on the floor

anons - is it proven that if I don't feed him before bed he won't poop at night?
    Is a piddle pad those things that look like huge stretched out square diapers?
    Anonymous

• What we did with out dog is hung bells on the door, and we rang them everytime we took her outside, she learned to ring them when she needed to go, and we would get up to take her out in -40 degree weather while she was a puppy, she stopped needing out at night at about 1 year old, but on occasion she will need out at night just like any other animal. You can also kennel train but the bells work the best.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• *our dog sorry not out dog
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We also did the bell thing when my dog was a puppy. It started out as a Christmas decoration and she just started ringing the bell. The bell is no longer necessary now. Also when my dog was a puppy, she was in her kennel at night and when we weren't home.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• He is just a baby. Most pups aren't weaned until they are 10-12 weeks old. I'm surprised you aren't feeding in the middle of the night. Put down some piddle pads and cage him at night. He will learn to use the pads. You can then move those pads towards the door and out as he matures. Most dogs aren't close to being completely house broken until they are 6 months old. If he is a small breed, train him to the litter box especially if you are in an apartment.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• yes a piddle pad is in the shape of a sqaure. usually blue and white in color. also what they put under you after you have a baby in the hospital.
    Anonymous