can you lose weight by using a stationary bike and eating sensibly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I read somewhere that you have to do like 30 miles a week for it to even count....ick..Anyways I have a stair master. It will kick your ass for sure and its still small so it will fit anywhere.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I'd say so. The bike will help tone, and lean tissue burns more calories than fat tissue. And eating sensibly will cut down on calories taken in.

Answer by Bmat at 11:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2010

• Sure you can. If you're doing it for at least 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week (or vary it with other exercise), and watching what you eat, you should start losing at a reasonable rate. Happy biking!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• To a certain extent. Any exercise it better than none! But, after a while your body will get used to the stationary bike and plateau. It’s best to switch up your cardio. You can’t go wrong by eating healthy!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 12:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Of course but you have to be faithful about both.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

-------------------------------

what model stair master is it, i'm looking for a small one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Its a stairmaster 4200 pt/cl. Its a bit pricy. BUT its slim so the base isnt like 3 feet wide like some. Im not sure wheere I got mine, my husband got it for me. I would look at sears Ive seen similar ones there.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• thanks armywife, i'm a stairmaster fan, so i'll look into it. Thanks everyone for your input.
    Anonymous