do you spend the extra money to get your income tax back right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nope. We have two kids, so we get a decent amount back. We buy one thing for us, last year it was a bluray player, this year its going to be a mini laptop. I'm taking 1000 for lasik,and putting 1000 of my own money in so i don't have to finance the surgery, and the rest will go into college accounts.
    Anonymous

• Nope. But I sure want to. I just need to learn to wait.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nah, we wait this long, waiting a couple more weeks isn't gonna hurt us. :)
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We pay to have it back in a week and direct deposited in our account. Usually cause we need it for something. Like this year we are going to see family in Chicago mid March and we just want to make sure we have it asap so were not stressing on when its going to get there.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nope. We file our own normally and it's usually back within 8-10 days of filing anyway. I won't pay someone hundreds of dollars just to get less money back in fewer days.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nope. We e-file and get it direct deposited anyways. I'd rather pay $30 to do it and wait 2 weeks than pay $250 to get it immediately.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nope.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I have a girl who works for me that I was able to talk her OUT of a RAL. They are always struggling financially and the thought of her giving up $300 to have someone else do her taxes and give her money tomorrow made me cringe. I amj just glad that she listened!
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 12:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2010