Did you ever get pregnant on natural family planning?

As in avoiding pregnancy by tracking your cycle....and if so what gender did you have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• isn't NFP also called parenthood?
    Anonymous

• "Couples using NFP to avoid pregnancy abstain from intercourse and genital contact during the fertile phase of the woman's cycle" it is also used to achieve pregnancy...but I think the above answer is trying to be snarky in some way? No I have never tried it always used pill or condoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No when we were actively tracking my ovulation we never got pregnant because we always used condoms starting three days before and after the day I ovulate. I did end up getting pregnant when my husband failed to use a condom when we both knew I was ovulating but that was our fault and we knew I could have gotten pregnant. On a side note why do I get pregnant so easily? There are so many people that have to have sex a million times to get pregnant and both times the ONE time I'm not using a condom I have babies. Oh and they were both boy babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Me and my husband don't use protection and I'm not on the pill we use the pull out method. We have two children 5 years apart and they were both planned and both were used by me tracking my cycle. By the way I have a boy and a girl.

Also, with my daughter I got pregnant the first time we tried with my son it took us almost a year.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• never really tried NFP just was ready to get pregant and i had my iud taken out and 2 weeks later we got pregant. and she was a girl. we just thought that we wouldnt try try just if it happened it happened. we didnt do any tracking for either of the kids. and they are 2 1/2 years apart. the first was a year and a half after i stopped taking depo and we never used protection. i had been on depo for nearly 9 years so it took a while (year and a half) to get it completely out of my body which is normal for those that take it for long period of time. oh both were girls.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Not really sure the purpose of the question but just FYI there is more to NFP or fertility awareness than just tracking your period. There is also the fertility cues of your body, like cervix position, consistency of cervical mucousa, and basal body temperature.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Tracking your period to not get pregnant doesnt promise a certain gender. It is always 50/50
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• its not 50/50, there are more boys born in ratio to girls born in the world.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• POINT being there is no promise of the sex of the baby. Yes her chances are 50/50 we arent talking about the entire world population here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yeah, we used the pull out method and after four years of it working pretty well, I got pregnant. It was definitely a surprise because we were NOT trying and my husband was no where near ready to start trying. He calls it the "meant to be" method.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 7:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2010