naturally inducing labor

my sister inlaw is due tuesday and she was wondering what can naturally induce labor shes been dialated to 2 and 80% efaced for 3 weeks now does anyone know how to naturally start up labor?

kcandie

Asked by kcandie at 12:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sex, walking, squating, scooting, red raspberry leaf tea, chiropractor, massage.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• sex, walking, some swear by scary movies or really bumpy rides in the car, she could go swimming sometimes that help relax you. you can look in your pregancy book and they may have tips. i feel for her i was the same way in my last pregancy. I tried everything under the sun that was safe to do even going 4 wheeling in the truck but nothin worked. I finally beged the doc on my due date to induce. im sure someday around tuesday if she hasnt gone into labor she will have a doc appt and she can ask to induce. just strongly say how uncomfortable you are. and if nothing else ask the doc to strip the membranes sometimes that works to get things started.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• labor will naturally start on it's own when the baby & her body is ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• sex,then she can go upstairs and downstairs in our hospitals still use this tehnic.I was walking a lot.
    ilijana

Answer by ilijana at 7:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• just waiting a couple of weeks would be the best way
    Anonymous

• nothing will work unless baby and body is ready. baby is who sends out the hormone to start labor. and just bc her due date is tues doesn't mean the baby is ready. the baby doesn't have a calendar and say "oh, today's the day, i must start labor." so, just tell her to relax. if she keeps trying to get labor to start, then she's just going to exhaust herself and then when the moment does come, she might not have the energy.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 7:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010