How do i get my baby interested in trying cereal?

I have just started to introduce rice cereal to her and she just wont try it. She turns away from it. I didn't have any problems with my older girls eating it.

happymomma199

Asked by happymomma199 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep trying even add a little cinnamon or a scoop of a fruity baby food to make it more appealing.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• applesauce mixed in may help. neither of my kids liked it much either so i had to mix it into stuff.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My daughter never liked it even with applesauce added in. My son who is 6 months old didn't like cereal either but as soon as I added applesauce he loves it. I don't make it very runny either he just spit it out but when I make it a little thicker he does better.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Try different kinds. My kids really liked the oat cereal, not so much the rice stuff though.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Keep trying. It takes at least 10 times of eating a new food to develop a true like or dislike for it. If they don't like it...try try again.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 6:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You could try a different food altogether. You don't have to start with cereal. Maybe she just doesn't like it (it's pretty disgusting actually).

I used to take plain old oats and grind them into a powder in my coffee grinder. Then I'd cook that (it cooks pretty quickly) and add some breastmilk to it. That has to taste better than rice cereal.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 8:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• She just might not be ready. I'd stop and try again another time. And I'd probably skip cereal, and move straight to fruits or veggies. How old is she?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You can skip the cereal. Start with a bit of avocado mashed with breast milk, then baked sweet potato.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Have you tasted it? Tastes like paste. Give her real food and skip the cereal:   http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2010