own room

my 16 month old finally has his own room i can put him to sleep in there but in the middle of the night he sneaks into our room what can i do i am way to tired to try to put him back to sleep in his room

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put handle covers on his door knob so he will quit getting out of his room and keep putting him back to bed
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Door knob covers and or a baby gate. My oldest was an escape artist for a while. We would find him sleeping in the darnedest places, and in our bed. Luckily, it stopped as quickly as it had started.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My 3 yo does that once in a while too. I CAVE though. I'm too tired to walk her back so I let her sleep with us. LOL My mom says I'll regret it. It's rare though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• We have my 20m old in her own room. We skipped the toddler bed & just put her in a twin bed, the mattress & box-spring is in the floor. We also have the bed-rail. Personally, I am way too paranoid to use door knob covers with the bed-rooms so we use a baby gate. And we also still use the baby monitors. It works out better for us cause we can hear her before she actually gets up. The twin bed is a plus to us because if/when she gets up at night we can just lay with her until she falls back to sleep. And I'll tell the truth....LOL, I have been so tired that I have fell asleep in her bed with her.

MommyJessi4

Answer by MommyJessi4 at 6:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• baby gate across the door

Answer by missanc at 9:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• yeah, try putting up a baby gate in his doorway.that should hold him in his room .Just make sure his room it toddler proof. So he doesn't get hurt or gets to anything and breaks it.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2010