Would you have a baby to make some extra cash?

Would you be a carrier for another couples baby for say 10,000.00 plus all medical expenses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would do it just to help them, the money would be an added perk.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, I personally feel as though it's not my place to create life for another couple, if they were supposed to have a biological child it would happen naturally. Plus I wouldn't be able to carry a baby and give it away. And I would have to have a repeat csection which I am not willing to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You would not have to have a repeat c section. If they ask me and I can do it I think that was nature's plan. I think it would be hard to give up the baby but if you know that it isn't yours the entire time it is different.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't do it for the money. I would have (I can't carry any more) done it for one of my sisters or a close friend, but not for strangers, and I wouldn't have used my eggs. And money wouldn't convince me to do it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i think i would, i have 6 of my own and i would want someone else to be able to have the joys of parenthood, and the same here not with my egg, and no sexual contact,,,,,,i am a happily married woman
    naynayskids

Answer by naynayskids at 1:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i did do something like that. when i got pregnant with number 4 i was devestated. i wanted no more children,was using protcetion for that reason. abotion was not an option for me, personal choice, so what happened. my father in law and his much younger wife wanted a baby. when they asked my husband to be their sperm donner, he told them i was pregnant. they decided to adopt. they paid all the medical, that was the only compensation we recieved. she has a very good life. i worry about when and how she will find out. and what she will think of us having another child after we gave her up. she is the only one that doesnt know. but im sure id do it all again, it felt good to give someone something they couldnt do for themselves.
    SMDTLD8000

Answer by SMDTLD8000 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• NO - I HATE pregnancy with a passion. If my body could actually deal with pregnancy, I MAY do it. It can't. I have had hyperemesis twice, and will NOT go through this EVER AGAIN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes I would. That amount of money would help me more than you can even imagine! I've t hought about being an egg donor too. I feel bad for people who can't have kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I would surrogate for a friend in a heartbeat. I actually have a friend right now who is having all sort of issues and may need someone to do it for her....I wouldn't want any biological ties to the baby though.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nope - I couldn't carry a baby for 9 months and then give it away, when my babies are born I'm already attached.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2010