can an ovarian cyst stop you from getting pregnant

we've tried for 6 months now and nothing. The doctor said i have a small cyst on my left ovary about 2.5 cm plus i have not had a cycle since 6 months ago

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Did he say if it could be removed? I know that if you have scarring from cyst it could prevent you from getting pregnant.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It can prevent you from getting pregnant. I had to take birth control for 6 months to shrink my cysts because I had a lot of them in both of my ovaries. The birth control shrank them a lot. After 5 years of trying and one miscarriage I am happy to say. Am pregnant and the baby and I are doing good. I wish yoy all the luck and blessings in the world.
    happy2bamommy86

Answer by happy2bamommy86 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think it could cause difficulty. My cystic tumor (left ovary) and cyst (right ovary) caused me not to get pregnant during the two years I tried to conceive and didn't know about them. When I wasn't able to get pregnant, I had tests done that showed my fallopian tubes were not in the right place. Then found out it was due to the cysts. I ended up having surgery and my doctor removed my left ovary and fallopian tube (was damaged somehow) leaving a healthy looking right ovary and tube. Supposedly, I should be able to conceive now but couldn't before the surgery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• it would make it difficult but nit impossible i been down that road and try to conceive now so good luck and dont give up
    mrs.rucker943

Answer by mrs.rucker943 at 3:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2010