Is my paranoia causing me to have problems?

I have had two m.c. prior to this current pregnancy and I am currently 16 weeks along. Everytime I go to the bathroom I am constantly checking my panty linter or toilet paper when I wipe to make sure there's no blood and everything is okay. When I do spot blood (I have a couple times) I freak. How do I not worry about my baby and be optimistic that everything is going to be okay? I don't want to worry, but at the same time I just want to get through this pregnancy successfully. I really don't want to lose this one. How do I stop worrying?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try to keep yourself busy mentally...It seems the more we put the worry in our minds we start to believe what if's.

It is just like when you are always wondering when or why hasn't your period came around it's because of all this worrying that we tend to do that causes it to delay or when we wonder when or why am I not getting pregnant it's because we put too much thought into and nothing happens which makes us feel depressed and that is one more thing to add on to the negative thoughts...So don't worry your baby is just find. I guess this will make you 4 months right? See you've already got out of the danger zone... I had to watch it for me on my first, second and third months I was considered high risk pregnancy after that all came out all fine. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Just remember that each week that passes gives that baby a lot higher of a chance of survival, the fact that you are out of the the first trimester means that miscarriage is highly unlikely, once you get to 20 weeks it is even less, just take it one week at a time and relax. I was that way too, but now that I am 17 weeks I worry a lot less. Try to relax that will help your pregnancy go faster, also if you need to talk to get your mind off it PM me or add me.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2010