Do you do dumb things like this and it bothers your SO/DH?

Well when it comes to getting to the last drop on somethings I usually try to get it my dh calls me cheap but I don't care. I don't care what it is it could be a gallon of milk, orange juice, shampoo, toothpaste I mean if there is abit left in there I save it and get ready to use it. My dh says just throw it away even if there is 1 or 2 more uses for it no matter what it is...I know this is being too much but that is how I feel.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Guilty! I use as much of something as I possibly can. I turn all bottles upside down in the fridge when they start looking low. Even with peanut butter, I have a sandwich knife and then I have a scraper that I use when the pb is too low for the knife.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• yeah when it comes to mayo or peanut butter I use a scaper to get out the rest...and sauces in a jar I add a little water,shake and add it to whatever I'm making.
    Some things I'm not so fussy about. I have found that being this way is typically the result of not having enough while growing up.
    I also reuse my jars and my bread bags
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I do the same thing if I am low on something I always use it to the last drop. If you don't it's wasteing money (tell him that) I am sure you have. I will find any little way to save money I am very big with coupons and sales. Clothes for myself if it's hasn't went on sale yet it will and I will wait till it is on sale. You are not cheap but some people will look at it like that. Know a days you want to save where ever you can. Keep it momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I do!! I feel that it is a waste of money to throw away perfectly good food/stuff! My DH gets irritated with me, but I don't care. I told him if he didn't like me saving our money, then he could go suck a rock LOL :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I had everything I wanted as a child & we've always used the last of everything, unless it was bad ofcourse. & I tend to do the same thing & if my SO talks crap...oh well I ignore it
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 5:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without". That's my motto, and DH doesn't bitch since the money I saved in last years grocery budget was used to buy him a 63" TV to watch Nascar on :-)
    Frugal is the new cool.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• The only reason it bothers MY DH is because he is too lazy to put the effort into getting the last out of things and would rather just open a new one. I swear that man is the laziest thing sometimes....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 6:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• That's not a dumb thing. Unless you are obsessive about it (like cutting open toothpaste tubes or scraping out the bottoms of deodorants), I don't see why he would be mad that you are trying to stretch your hard-earned money as far as possible.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:20 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I use as much as I can of something too. If it's shampoo or dish detergent or something I'll pour a bit of water into the bottle to get the last bit out. I take the top off my conditioner bottle and sweep my finger around the inside to get the rest of it out. I turn my laundry detergent bottle, as well as salad dressing bottles, upside down so that I can get the last bit out.

I don't think that's dumb. If you just have the mentality not to be wasteful, you tend to do things like that.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 7:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Oh I am the same way! I HATE when things go to waste. It doesn't really bother my DH, but sometimes he will say something to me about it. I know I got it from my mom b/c she is the same way.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2010