I found the perfect puppy for our DD, but I don't like its name

Can I change its name? Or will it confuse it? He will be 18 weeks when we pick him up, if that makes a difference..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• People change dogs names all the time. He will get over it. It would be more confusing if someone that already calls him by another name started calling him a new name, but this would be the only name you ever call him. Go ahead and change. He is just a puppy . . . no biggee. Shelters always give dogs the oddest names . . . I guess because they name so many, they probably run out of cool names and start using whatever comes to mind.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, You can still change it if you'd like. When I got my new puppy (6 months old) I changed his name and he did fine with the change. What's its name already???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Thanks ladies. His name now is Beau, which is my cousins name, and my moms dogs name is Boo, so I don't want anything to close. Im not sure what his name will be, just not that. lol

_OP_
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• As he gets to know you and your household, hearing his new name will be part of the experience. He will be fine especially with him being a younger animal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• He'll catch on - don't let the name be the reason you don't get him!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Let your DD name him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• When we first got our dog he had a different name and he was 4 months old. He never even responded to his name the previous owner gave him, so renaming was no problem. All 4 of us picked names for him that sounded good and then DH and I chose two of them that were the best (most sensible...lol) and we all voted on which one we liked. That way it was a family decision. And within a day of playing with him and walking him, etc he knew his new name.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2010