Hubby using litter box?!

Ok, so my husband fell asleep on the couch next to me. He wakes up and goes into the breakfast nook. All of a sudden I hear the sound of water being poured. I run into the nook screaming his name "M****! What are you doing?!" "I'm pissing" he says. "What the hell is wrong with you? You just took a piss in the cat's litter box!" He looks at me like I'm crazy then goes and gets in bed. WTF?! This is not the 1st time he's done something like that, a few months ago I woke up and caught him peeing on the carpet next to the bedroom door. He didn't believe me the next morning...what is wrong with him? Is he insane?

This literally just happened (2:50 am ct)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Btw....our cat has two litter boxes should I clean it (I'm 6 mos. preg) or leave it for him to do himself? I don't want her getting mad and using potty somewhere crazy too. I suppose i could put it outside for the night...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Sounds like sleep walking. My brother used to that as a kid. I've never heard of a grown man doing it though.
    Anonymous

• His is sleep walking he needs to go see his doctor and let them know what's going on with him trust me this can and will get worst. He needs to make an appointment first thing Monday morning and you need to go with him cause you are the one that has seen it happen. This is a serious matter and you both need to take it that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My husband tried to pee in the closet when he was really drunk once.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 4:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• He did go to his friend's house tonight. I'm sure they drank... trust me 4:04 I am taking it very serious aside from the smell and me having to clean it I don't wanna wake up to him aiming at me! Besides I'd like to know the cause..only thing is he doesn't have health insurance b/c his job doesn't offer it and mine is too expensive to cover us both.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Sleep walking or drunk sleep walking, make him clean it up next time, if he gets back in bed wake his butt up and make him clean it up make him change the litter and wash the box or the cat wont use it anymore
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• YOU shouldn't be cleaning litter boxes PERIOD when you're pregnant. If you ABSOLUTELY have to, you MUST wear a mask. And I would be addressing that with him when he's sober..that is disgusting. I wouldn't clean up HIS mess in the box, he can do that himself.

I bet the cat is angry too...he should sleep with one eye open.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• If he's sleep walking (not because he's drunk, but because he's legitimately sleep walking) then he needs to see a Dr about it.

But I agree with the pp, you should NOT be cleaning a litter box while you're pg - it's not healthy for you / your baby. And, even if you weren't pg - you should NOT be having to clean the litter box because your dh is too drunk, lazy, or both to use the toilet and pees in the litter box instead!

Sorry, but that's just gross and lazy and it's unacceptable!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I just read this post to my dh. He laughed and shook his head and said it sounds like he might have a drinking problem. Because if he's getting so drunk that he's peeing all over the place, dude, that's a problem.

To quote my dh...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I can't get over the fact adult use the term "piss". That is much worse than a sleep walking husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2010