Has anyone read any good books lately?

I just started the Sookie Stackhouse series and it is soooo simple, that it's boring. I just need something to read, but I have not found anything.....any ideas?

Kaelansmom

Asked by Kaelansmom at 4:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• I read The Shack it is a book about God but it is really interesting, super religious people won't like it and people who aren't open minded about God won't like it but it is interesting anyway.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Also the Eragon series it is a teenage series but the writing is complex and the story is wonderfully fantastical there are 3 out now the 4th is being written.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• OMG I was so coming in to say the same thing about The Shack, no kidding! my mom, sister, aunt, brother and nephew ALL told me to read it, they are passing it through the family and apparently they all love it! I personally don't have any time to read but I will be checking it out when I can.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 4:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I picked up "Candles Burning" at the dollar general the other day - it was by Tabitha King and some other guy (the original author who apparently died in the middle of writing it, so she finished it off). I've never been into Tabitha King but I was pleasantly surprised. It's like a paranormal mystery told from the point of view of a 7 year old girl who's father is murdered. I actually finished it in a day.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Nefertiti my Michele Moran. It is a historical fiction novel. I really enjoyed reading this one.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:35 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I just read The Tristan Betrayal - it's by the same guy that did the Bourne series. It's REALLY good, with a lot of complex characters and plot twists.

It jumps back and forth between WWII and the end of the cold war, and it' got a good balance of war / spy / excitement sorts of stuff and love, human relationships, and why we do what we do sorts of stuff.

Great book :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i read Every Fear by Rick Mofina not too long ago, but it was before I realized in was 2nd in a series of 3. so i'm going to read the other 2 next. I REALLY like him, i couldn't put that book down. last night i finished Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult (author of My Sister's Keeper). I love her books! And right before that I read Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, another one of my favorites. I love anything by Dean Koontz and James Patterson as well.
    kcrunion73

Answer by kcrunion73 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I just finished reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. He was a professor how found out he had terminal cancer. Very uplifting and inspiring. Also not very long. I also LOVE any Jodi Picoult books.
    JoMcD

Answer by JoMcD at 9:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Get some Stephen King stuff, such as Carrie, The Shining, Dolores Claiborne, Misery...ohhh the list goes on. He's one of the best authors of all time for a reason =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• The last book I read was the Lovely Bones and it was great. It's about a serial killing, but not really. The story revolves around a girl that was killed, but she sees everything from Heaven. While there, she tries to help her family catch her killer. The story also shows how the killings affected her parents, siblings & friends. It's a great story that made me cry and laugh. It's also great that it's now a movie and I can see "my thoughts" on the big screen.
    baranis

Answer by baranis at 10:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2010