washer and dryer

I just bought a High Efficincy washer and dryer yesterday and it will be delivered on Monday............Does anyone else have one and does it really work better than a regular washer and dryer?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 7:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have the neptune series and they use a lot less water and energy and clean the clothes better IMO.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I also have the neptune series by Maytag. I love mine. Just add less detergent if you aren't buying the "he" detergent. It really doesn't take as much.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I agree with the pp's. I have a Neptune and I LOVE IT - it gets the clothes cleaner, you have more control over the settings, and it uses a lot less water. Unfortunately, we're now stationed overseas and we weren't allowed to bring ours, so it's now in storage. I like living here in Japan, but I have to admit, I really miss my he washer!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:35 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I just bought a pair, LG brand, less than two weeks ago. I LOVE the fact that I can do double the load size of my old top loading machine, the washer is super quiet and uses a LOT less water, because of the high spinning speed in the washer the clothes aren't as wet and take less time to dry that big load than the old dryer could dry half the size, I use a tablespoon of the HE detergent compared to 4 times that amount of regular detergent in the old ones, and I can fold clothes on TOP of the machines and keep it out of other rooms. I still pretreat any stains.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I was looking into buying a front loading washer, but when the guy came to fix our current washer he said he doesn't recommendthem because he has to fix the seals on those A LOT!  Our washer now is very OLD and the only problem it has now is soemtimes it will get stuck and won't go onto the spin cycle.  Other than that it is great. It is a white-westinghouse brand and I don't know if they even make those anymore. LOL

Anonymous

• Oh, I should add that my HE is a top loader. I don't like front loaders (which is what we have in the base house here). It seems like I'm always starting a load, just to turn around and realize I dropped a sock on the stairs or whatever, and I like being able to pause the wash, have the lock open on the lid, and toss it in without having any water dripping out or anything like that :-)

They don't always have top loading HE washers on the display floor, but they do make them and sell them, and they work great :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2010