cinnamon and honey

My mom was telling me that she read somewhere if you put like a tbsp of honey and a tsp of cinnamon in a cup with boiling water or tead and drink it,it will give you energy and help you loose weight.Has anyone else heard that or done it?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It makes sense based on the ingredients. The honey is a natural energy boost, and cinnamon boosts the metabolism. I would think cold water would be better because it boosts your metabolism as well.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:20 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• So i should try putting it in cold water and drink it?
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• According to Snopes.com is has many benefits. Read 

I think I'll be doing at nights 'cause I like to drink something warm before bed. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• More infor. http://www.weight-loss-advisor.com/blog/2006/05/01/honey-and-cinnamon-for-weight-loss/

Mix 1/2 tsp cinnamon with 8oz of boiling water and let it cool for half an hour, then add the 1 tsp of honey. Stir well and drink 4 of the 8oz first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and the rest on an empty stomach before bed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• That's weird lol....so make it in the morning and drink half then let it sit till night and drink the other half?

It may just have more to do with having an empty stomach at bedtime (ie not eating after dinner) than what's in the actual drink...but hey if it works, I'll try it!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• On the website it says make a paste with the cinnamon and honey and pour into water but than it says dont add honey to the boiling water let it cool first and it says to filter it what does filter it mean? so do i boil the water and than add the cinnamon and honey 30 min later? What happens if i drink a full cup in morning and a full one at night? Can i not have anything else to eat after 8 and than drink the mixture at night? I am so excited!
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• If you're trying to lose weight you shouldn't be eating that late anyways..or so they say :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Your right i shouldnt but i put my kids in bed at 8 adn from 8-10 is my time to relax and have a snack and chill out,but i am going to start eating my last snack at 7:30 with the kids!!
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2010