My 7 month old was always a pretty good sleeper at night. Now all of a sudden the past few nights she'll wake up screaming, fall alsleep in my arms then when i put her back in the crib she screams and wont stop. She already has her 4 teeth and she was pretty good through those . What can be going on and what do i do?

faithm127

Asked by faithm127 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does she have an ear infection?? Lying flat on her back would cause her pain if she does. Since she falls asleep in your arms I'm assuming she is semi upright which wouldn't bother her much at all. Other than that make sure she is dressed warm enough because going from warm mommy to cold crib could be bothering her too. Swaddling her in a blanket might help too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• could be an ear infectiong, cold, etc.
    it sounds like she may be teething again. my daughter is 8 months old and did the same thing. i took her to the doc to check her out for an ear infection and he said she was okay. she was getting two teeth in at the same time, but once those teeth broke through, now she sleeps through the night again.
    good luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It could be a growth spurt; bring her into your bed and nurse her

Answer by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Could be an ear infection. Do you feed her when she wakes up? If not, give her a small dose of tylenol (if you believe in it) and feed the poor baby. If it continues, take her to the doctor to have her ears checked. If she quits, it's just hunger.
    Anonymous

• I do feed her in the middle of the night still, usually she wakes up once for a bottle. she already has four teeth and never did this with any of them. also about the ear infection...maybe, but she was laying flat on her back in my bed and was fine. i gave her tylenol and it seemed to do nothing for her.
    faithm127

Answer by faithm127 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• She could be waking in the middle of the night and about 7 months is the age when seperation anxiety starts. She could just be going through some seperation aniexty and needs you close. Its rough, but it will pass with time. My son had HORRIBLE aniexty at that age...he got over it but its starting again and he is 13 months now. Just reassure her everything is okay.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2010