7 month old's feeding schedule??? Help!!!

Can you please share what type eating schedule your 7month old has? Do they have cereal and fruit every morning? Do they have lunch, if so what? Dinner (vegetables)? Do you do anything other than jarred baby food, if so what and how?? I appreciate it. I am so confused!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 7 month old was eating 3 "meals" (cereal and some type of fruit for breakfast, veggies/fruit for lunch (1/2 jar of stage 2 each), veggies/fruit for supper(1/2 jar of stage 2 each) plus nursing at each meal, and then bfeeding an additional two times/day. I mixed in some of what we were having for supper if it was something I could mash with my fork (peas, steamed carrots, sweet potatoes, etc). We went straight from stage 2 to table foods at 8 months, so introducing some of whatever we were having worked well as an intro into that. Also, if I was having a banana for lunch, I would mash some of it through the back of my fork and feed him that as well - it was thicker than baby food so it got him used to more "chewing". Around 7 months we also introduced cheerios and gerber yogurt melts.

Answer by missanc at 9:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Don't stress so much. Food before one is just for fun, not nutrition. You can skip the cereal entirely as it can be constipating and frankly tastes horrible. You can just give table foods, no real need to fuss unless you want to. Read this:  http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010