can you claim your back taxes on your bankrupcy ?

we owe 4000.00 in back taxes to the state yet. i set up a payment plan to pay the state so much a month until they are paid. i have been doing this for the last two yr's.
things got way out of hand for us becasue of my husband loosing hr's at work and taking a $3 an hr pay cut and driving extra miles to work. i have never brought home much money since we had th kids in childcare. we had to claim bankrupcy.
can the back takes that we owe the state be claimed on bankrupcy to. please let me know. we are claiming chapter 7. just wondering thanks so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, when you file a bankruptcy, you have to be truthful about all that is owed. It is up to them whether they will dismiss it or not. I know that in the past, they would not discharge student loans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• It is my understanding that the IRS and student loans are not bankruptable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, you cannot. Government debts cannot be included in a bankruptcy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2010