What should I say?

This is about my cousins ex-husband. He is 22/23 and my cousin is 21, they have a 3 year old daughter together. He is a very nice guy and a great dad. When my cousin was 19, she left him so she could play. She has had several boyfriends and lots of abortions along the way. She is finally in a stable relationship with some guy. I have only talked to him a couple times since they split up. Well, he wrote me on myspace last night out of the blue. He told me that I should invite him and his daughter over to watch movies, that he knows I don't want to let my cousin to know. That she left him and his daughter shouldn't have to be punished because of it and how it's not fair to her. I was kinda shocked and never would have expected it to be something like that. We have never flirted or anything, I have just been supportive. I am really confused right now that I cannot of think of what I should say. Can you please help me out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• What do you want to say? If you want to see him, invite him over. If not, tell him you hope he's doing well but it might cause problems for you so it's best to just keep things as is.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think he's thinking about his daughter and wanting her to have a relationship with you.

I wouldn't read into it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I don't know what I would want to say... his daughter is my cousin so maybe a relationship between her and I is what he is trying to establish but out of all my cousins, he chooses me. I'm just confused.

OP HERE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Is he wanting to get in a relationship with you? Is that why he is wanting to come over and hide it from his EX?

Answer by louise2 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• He probably asked you because you've been civil towards him.

Is your cousin the type of woman who would be jealous if she found out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• if he is a good man why not!!! you may find love too...
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Screw your cousin. She made her bed, let her lay in it. If he wants his child to have a relationship with her family members, why not? If you like spending time with them, I don't see why you shouldn't. Don't read too much into it until he gives you REASON to. GL :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I don't know if he wants a relationship, that is why I am so confused and I don't know what to say to him. I don't know why he brought up me not wanting my cousin to know either, I have never said anything like that or gave him that kind of impression. The last girlfriend he had (even though she had a boyfriend), she threatened to jump and ending up breaking them up. She likes control of him and to be able to do what she wants in her life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• From what I'm reading, I don't blame him for not wanting your cousin to know. He doesn't want to deal with her temper tantrum.

Anyway..C'est la Vie

Over and out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Is he wanting to see you or is he wanting his dd to have a relationship with his cousins? I would just have him over for movies! It may not be what you think.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2010