Obama goes nuclear!

Obama pushes nuclear energy to boost climate bill

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is endorsing nuclear energy like never before, trying to win over Republicans and moderate Democrats on climate and energy legislation.

Obama singled out nuclear power in his State of the Union address, and his spending plan for the next budget year is expected to include billions of more dollars in federal guarantees for new nuclear reactors. This emphasis reflects both the political difficulties of passing a climate bill in an election year and a shift from his once cautious embrace of nuclear energy.

He's now calling for a new generation of nuclear power plants.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100131/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_nuclear

How do you feel about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Are you freaking kidding me? What an idiot. So, mortgage our country, then poisen it for future generations. Someone do something about this prick.
    Anonymous

• Finally, change I can believe in! LOL

More seriously, I think this is a good idea.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Boy, his mind changes with the wind, doesn't it?

What do I think? I think I will take a semi-supportive stance on the subject and do the classic 'wait and see'. I don't really trust any politician, especially Obama (just by watching his first year of fumbles).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I wonder if it hurts him to be more moderate. LOL, this year will be full of contradictions. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yay! Nuclear waste for our kids! woot woot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

•  Oh yea Quinnmae, Bush made NO fumbles right? Bush was one complete fumble, for 8yrs! Just wait and see, Obama is the best and will go down in history as the best. But you just don't have the patience do ya?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Sure, lets build more nuclear power plants. That make sense since it's a "clean" energy source....sure do hope they figure out how to handle the radioactive waste it produces before they build a ton of them. Somehow I don't think that putting it into containers and burying them in a mountain is a very good idea.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I prefer that they don't put them in my neighborhood.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:15 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I lived in the next town over from Glenrose Tx where they had a nuclear power plant. You really never notice its there. Funny thing is, the power it generated went out of state, go figure...
    rotPferd

Answer by rotPferd at 11:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I thought he was going to help with the price of heating fuel and gas. I heard Frid. that crude oil closed below $74/barrel; yet, I paid $2.67/gal. for gas and $2.75/gal. for propane. Why is gas and heating fuel so high? Everytime he speaks the price of fuel goes up. Not because of OPEC (completely), but because of him.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2010