food allergies/adult

what were the signs you had a food allergy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Health

• rash/hives
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• where? was it all over or just one spot and did you run a fever? did you itch? did you get bumps in your mouth or anything or your throat itch?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• also, how soon did the rash come and how long did it last? did it get worse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Peanut allergy seems to run in my family but it's not "severe" the way a doctor would classify it. Peanuts cause swollen joints and severe joint pain in most of my family.

DH has a shellfish allergy. It causes his breath to shorten and his heart to race.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• peanuts. i felt like throwin up after a peanut butter sandwich, eating a peanut mix, and the candys like snickers make me sick to my tummy
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I never had an issue til during one of my last pregnancies. We ate chinese food, and a couple hours later my legs & arms itched so bad I couldn't stand it. I was fine by the next morning. The next time we had chinese I had something different, and no problem. Time after that I had the same food as the first time, and had the same reaction. Started thinking about what I was eating and how they'd changed it. Time after that I ordered the same "problem food" without mushrooms - and had no problem! I hadn't even been eating them but they were affecting me being in my food. For the 3 years since then as long as they leave the mushrooms out, I'm fine, but if they forget, I have a problem. Same thing with ANY food that has mushrooms in it. No hives, no rash, I just itch like mad and get a restless leg-type feeling.
    Anonymous

• is it normal to get a numb feeling? like almost part of your body is becoming paralized
    Anonymous

• okay, i just called my pharmacey and asked and they seem to think i had a reaction to shellfish. I've always been able to eat it so its kinda weird. I thought at first it could've been some new facewash but she said if i were allergic to it i wouldve probably broken out right away. The shrimp i ate last night i kinda thought something bit me in the car and started itching on the way home and then itched all night long and then this morning when i woke up my face was swollen and red and puffy. so does it sound like this may be a shellfish reaction? She said to just take clariton or benadryl and put some cortizone cream on to see if it helps. If not she said to go to the clinic. I also kinda feel tingly on the side of my face, its really weird.
    Anonymous

• Itching, hives, difficulty breathing, redness to face and neck..
    deenakate

Answer by deenakate at 1:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2010