The guy who gave me his phone number...

I decided to text him yesterday after my aunt kept telling me to. I am shy so it wasn't easy lol. Anyways, I saw him again at the bar last night. He didn't come over to talk to me and never texted me back. I went home and around 1230 and I get a text from him apologizing that his phone was dead all day. The number he texted me from was different than the one I texted. I was really tired so I only asked him what his name was and told him I was going to bed. He told me and I told him cool, have fun at the bar (I saw you there earlier) night. He texted me back telling me thanks, for not saying hi and night. I felt bad so I told him sorry, that I am shy... alright, g'night. I never got anything in return which is ok cause I fell asleep but now I feel kinda dumb. I hate texting and always feel embarrased that I said something stupid after I push send. What should I do next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• If he doesn't call you then move on... If he can't understand that you're shy, he's not worth the trouble anyway. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Dont feel bad, if you saw him Im sure he saw you. He should have said hey too. I would drop him its not like you had a connection with him, his loss.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Don't call or text him back , let him text you back if he's interested.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 11:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• texting its dumb im 19 and i hate it. i thought it was all that but it ruined alot of my friendships and relationships. just call next time. save yourself the pain.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Text him and tell him to call you.

Answer by louise2 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I'd say move on.. He sounds like he probably isn't worth the trouble anyways. If you are already this unsure I don't think he'd be the type of guy to start a relationship with. There are plenty of other guys out there, i'm sure you'll find someone better in time :) Good luck!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• He wasn't capable of coming over to say hi or bye to you at the bar? I would write him off unless he makes an effort to contact you himself and NOT via text either... JMO GL!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• What the hell is wrong with you? He couldn't have the decency to speak to you when he sees you out but then texts you later? PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GO READ THE BOOK "HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!" OR AT LEAST WATCH THE MOVIE! I wouldn't be taking advice from your aunt any further either she sounds like she doesn't know what she is talking about!
    Anonymous

• Don't text him or call him. You've made the first effort and now it's his turn. Fact is that if you saw him out at the bar you can bet that he saw you too. He was waiting for you to advance him or maybe he was interested in someone who was also there. Best bet...leave him be and let him come to you. If he doesn't then you need to move on and find someone who IS interested in you. You haven't invested any time in this man and you surely don't need to begin a relationship with someone who plays you so easily...walk away hun and let him make the first move. If he doesn't, well, there's plenty of other fish in the sea!
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 2:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• CALL the man and talk with him. You can communicate better by talking than texting.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010