other religions

first, i would call myself a believer---i think religions separates everyone from the truth--and the truth is what each of us make it--i read the post on satanism and found it very interesting--i also read, and like the groups on other religions--i opens my mind to what others believe, and think--i am not one to judge others beliefs--
my question is if i look into other religions, ect---would you insinuating then i am going to hell, or "god" hates me?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some people would, but I have researched many many religions because they fascinate me. After researching the historical facts, I have realized that most of these "holy books" are based off of mythology, stories, or some ancient guys take on them. If its all about interpretation, then how can it be infallible? Anyway. I believe in God, but that's as far as it goes. There is no other reliable source for me to go off of. Those that say i'm being deceived by the devil, save it. I know the facts and I'm tired of hearing that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think people who declare others will go to hell are just insecure within themselves. Fear is the basis for their beliefs and hence they pass forward that fear to others(or try too) . If one is secure in their beliefs, they shoud be able to understand AND RESPECT that others have different beliefs....and it's ok. There is no reason to state someone is going to one's idea of a hell.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i have researched many religions also and i dont believe in any of them. i think organized religion can cause problems, but if people choose to follow them and it makes there life better, then good for them - i dont care. i just dont like being told im a sinner, or that im going to hell - which they do. i choose not to follow a religion because i dont think the reason for life and death is available for us to know, and no religion can pin point exactly what i feel spiritually. so no, i dont think your going to hell. i dont believe there is a hell. and i dont think "god" hates you, because you are "god", and so am i, and so are the trees.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No God does not hate you. I like to learn and understand other beliefs too. Its just part of having a general knowledge about the world and people.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I, too, have researched various religions - at least in their classical forms (for instance the Buddhism which is prevalent in many American communities has morphed a good deal to include non-Buddhist principles, simply because Americans understand certain fundamentals which were not available to Buddhists in other lands centuries ago)

If you take up the idea that there is spiritual reality - something behind the physical which we see and touch - and just let it sit there in your mind as a possibility, and then you view the principles and stories of various religions, something significant comes up.

Each of these religions was describing the same spiritual world and principles, just from a different angle for their particular group - like describing the same tree from the north or the east. Similarities are NOT due to "borrowing" from another religion, they arise because they are all inspired from the same spiritual reality
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No, I personally would not.
    I would figure you were intrigued and wanted to know more or get an answer for some question you had.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I sure wouldn't, because I look into other religions too! I believe all religions are inspired by God, have beneficial truths to offer, and allow for spiritual growth. I don't see anything wrong with finding even more inspiration when it comes to our spirituality!
    :D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No,there's nothing wrong with learning about other belief systems.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• thanks for all the kind respectful answers
    Anonymous

• most people won't, but some will.. there is nothing wrong with educating yourself.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2010