Any REAL online jobs?!?

I am looking to work from home, I have been a stay at home mom for a year now, but with my husbands the only income we are starting to struggle. I have been looking but can't seem to find one that doesn't seem like a scam. Please help if you know of anything that is real and doesn't cost a fortune to get started.

Rjordan97

Asked by Rjordan97 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I'm sorry but unless you can be an online college instructor, a lawyer, or even run a company, there are no legitimate online jobs. There are only scams for online jobs.

But there are work from home jobs. You could sell things on ebay. Become a legal transcriptionist or a medical transcriptionist and work from home. You could sell Party LIte, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:33 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• there are, but they are mostly call center jobs in which you'd still have to have someone watch your children and might I add, they are very hard to come by as well. here are some of the companies I know of: alpine access, Live Ops, and west at home

West at home WILL take you, but it takes about 6 months to get in with them and the pay sucks.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• in addition to finding work out of the home (idea: daycare/babysitter)....start to minimize your life and be thrifty. Buy store brand items, cut out the wants, and stick with the absolute NEEDS. Don't eat out etc. You'll find you can save a lot of money. Google it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• First what real skills do you have? make them stronger and get certified. Be you're own business to other businesses. There is a boom in small businesses that will need help. Check the local chamber of commerce. Can you write reports? just as an idea. Helping others helps you I found, no short cuts.  Everyone is good at something.   A silly thing, I have two birds and hamsters I wish I could take a break from. They would not like it.  Also if you had extra room with locks you could rent to someone for stored items.   Just some ideas

Anonymous

• I sell on E-bay:
    I have a lot of popular toys like (Legos, Thomas) baby items like (baby Bjorn, baby monitor, Winnie Pooh crib bedding) and household appliances like (Dirt Devil Kurv, KONE) etc. :
    http://shop.ebay.com/tvv16/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
    Arelf27

Answer by Arelf27 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i work from home.. i have a job.. no money to pay out.. some training is paid and we make our own schedules.. its great...message me for info because we are hiring...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2010