Normally I can eat just a couple times a day and be just fine but now..

I get so hungry it isn't even funny. Im only 5 weeks ( or so) and my stomach growls like crazy every 4 -5 hours and then I feel sick to my stomach if I don't eat anything. Is this normal already to be this hungry? I mean I don't have to eat a lot just a small snack and feel fine, it just seems a bit early to be this hungry from pregnancy. Before I found out I am pregnant I started feeling this. Only a couple weeks before I found out at the Dr. Now it is just like agh. Is it normal this early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is normal, because you're growing a baby! :) Keep all sorts of HEALTHY snacks in the house, or with you...Like fruit and veggies, graham crackers, or low sodium wheat thins, cheez its....granola, yogurt...Check out babyfit.com for more ideas, on how to eat healthy during your pregnancy, and stave off that hunger.
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 11:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I feel hungry even before I find out I was pregnant with my girls. Your body it working hard and needs more calories. So eat some healthy snacks when you feel hungry.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Thanks, I do eat healthy. I can not stand junk. Seriously even when I am not pregnant it makes me sick to see a bag of chips. I just never have been a junk food kind of person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Then you just need to increase your calories some more, Sweetheart. I would ask your OB how much you should aim for. Congrats on growing a baby! :)
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 11:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2010