kids refuse to sleep at night!!

all three of my kids refuse to sleep all through the night. they 5, 3,and 1. they wake up a d want to be in our bed.how do i stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• it takes time, but keep putting them back to bed. don't say anything, keep the lights off and just be consistent in putting them back in thier beds. ask the 3 and 5 year olds if they are scared of anything etc. my 2.5 yr old daughter hears the trains at night, and hears our neighbor start thier car so she comes running. she's starting to break of it, because we aknowledge what she hears, and then put her back to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Oh boy not good especially at these ages. I have three 22mos, 5 and 6 and we faced this issue when I had just the older two ages 1 and 2 at that time. Basically with the oldest we simply put him back to bed every time he got up. The more consistant you are the easier it will get but it may feel like hell when you do it. AT age 1 I do CIO some agree some don't I did that and 3 days later the 1 yr old slept throiugh the night. We checked on her every 15min but NEVER took her out.
    Anonymous