Beggers can't be choosers...

Do you believe this cliche?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• yes. if your in need and someone gives you something, you can't be picky, you've got to make it work wether you like it or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• In some cases, yes. For example, if you bum a smoke off someone and they only have a brand you don't like, too bad. Smoke what you get or don't smoke. BUT, in the case of say.... Someone giving you jars of baby food, and it's stuff your kid is allergic to, then yes, you have the right to be choosy, for your child's health and safety.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Good example NightPhoenix... I agree.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yeah we gave a bed to a friend who was paying for a homeless person's rent in the apartment complex and he was complaining about the bed being too springy. So we said, "Okay..welll you're living in a rent - free apartment now. Get a job and buy your own damn bed." He didn't like it but I really didn't appreciate his pickiness of a FREE BED. A-hole.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• there's a difference between someone giving you something an you not needing/asking for it and if your homeless and your being provided with shelter, food and clothing. The later of the two doesn't have the right to be choosy...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes I do. You need help. Someone is willing to help. But you complain about what help you get, how much money was spent and not to wait to help again. I told one lady my class and I helped at Christmas who said exactly this (as she drove up in her Lexus and put her Coach bag on her counter) that a "thank you" would have been a better response. I also told her that I had never adopted a family before and I would never do it again. It was all a big scam to get free Christmas for her kids. It ended up that she had a decent paying job. She was just looting the system and scamming people who wanted to help. Don't be so arrogant that you expect someone to spend until it hurts to give to your lazy ass.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• If you are begging, you really have no right to be picky. If you don't like what is offered... go without!

On the other hand, if you have been offered something that you do not like, just say "no, thank you" and move on.
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 11:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yep. We live by that in our house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Good Example NightPhoenix.
    jesse: that is a horrible thing for someone to do. I would never ever do that to anyone and I would be upset too if someone did that to me.
    I think it depends on the situation, but I definitely believe in it.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2010