Potty training my son and it works awhile then he quits.

when my son turned 2 he was the one that gave us the cues that he wanted to start trainig. he did really well and then all of a sudden quit. Then we started up again a few months later and he did really well and then started undressing himself and pottied on the floor how do i get him to start again and discourage pottying on the floor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I made my son help clean up his messes with paper towels, and that helped encourage using the potty instead, not long after! I would of course clean up again behind him, but I think at 2+, it's a good time to start teaching some responsibility for actions, ya know? All the best to you. :)
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 11:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Um, how does he just quit? He has to go potty somewhere. If you are giving in and putting him back in diapers or pullups then you are letting him quit and of course he will never be trained, he will just think you will continue to give in and put a diaper on him. Make him clean up his own mess when he pees on the floor and punish him for doing it.
    Anonymous