Is it normal to get tired easily after a few minutes towards the end of pegnancy

After I walk down stairs n put laundry in I gett exhausted and I have to sit for a minute

PregnantYoung03

Asked by PregnantYoung03 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Definitely. That is a big load to be carrying around. I hated doing anything because I would get sooo tired.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• oh my gosh yes, i feel like that all the time. after playing with my kids for just a short while i feel like i just did a marathon. lol but yes its normal, just try and drink plenty of water and eat the best you can. really theres not much you can do.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• yes, most definitely! Your carrying around all that extra weight and your feeding another life! You deserve to take it easy, even if it's every couple of min! lol Congrats!!! xoxoxo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes. The rule of thumb is that 15 minutes of exercise in your last months of pregnancy is equal to an hour of exertion when not pregnant.

So take it easy, but continue to get daily walks - out in the fresh air is best. And keep in mind that you are working HARD even when you are sleeping ! So feel free to delegate tasks to your husband, or to leave them undone.

Your bodily health and good energy level are IMPORTANT for keeping up the nourishment of your baby !

When the baby is born, there'll be 2 weeks of major re-organization from the womb to producing breastmilk, and things won't be completely in place for another 4 weeks. So plan to take it easy for those 1st 6 weeks, too ! In our society, these very real needs of a new mother are often overlooked - even by herself. Peace and quiet (meaning visitors stay away except for the briefest of conversations) and warmth and good nourishment are crucial for newborn AND mother !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010