Boycott Land 'O Lakes until they Clean up Their Act!!! Why don't we hear about this?

Why isn't the media all over something like this? We worry about healthcare, insurances costs, etc...but WHY don't we worry about the quality of our food?

Please watch the video on this page and just THINK about all the processed foods we eat! To think that this is where our dairy comes from is just plain SICKENING!!! And to take it a step further and actually sell these 'expired' dairy cows to slaughter for our meat is even worse. Guess the food industry has to make the most profit off just one sickly cow.

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2515

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Please watch - but it is extremely horrifying.

Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but I think PETA makes this stuff up to "scare" us...Thanks for looking out, but I don't agree with PETA...Unless it stands for "People Eat Tasty Animals"...
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think that's why it's so important to get back to the basics, like going with local dairy farms, or even doing it ourselves. We know then, where the food is coming from and the quality of it.
    Anonymous

• The media can only report on stuff that gets people to make purchases from their sponsors. Kraft foods, Viagra, and allergy medicine seems to pay for most news.

If you have a local sustainable or organic dairy, please tell your friends and family about it and support the local farms in your community. Spending your money locally ensures a strong local economy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Yes! WatermelonNerd - I think PETA went in, spread feces all over these cows, staged the puss dripping on the floor as the cow was being milked and stuffed that dead corpse of a calf that was hanging out of the mother back into her.... just to "Scare Us"!!!

Ya know, I may not agree with everything PETA does either, but do you understand that they are TRYING to help our health here? It is always good to see and hear every side to a story and make your own educated decision.

Also, these undercover PETA workers risk A LOT to do this. In slaughterhouses, if their cover is blown, they get beat to a pulp! Rookie workers go through a lot of hazing just to make sure they are not reporters.
    Anonymous

• Alright. I recant and apologize...*turns red and sullen*
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Why are people so afraid of guidelines in the food industry? Oh right, because to actually have a clean environment and healthy livestock, that would cost money! Less profit! More cancers, girls getting periods earlier, more autism, etc means more money for pharmaceutical companies and doctors!
    Anonymous

• Oh right, because to actually have a clean environment and healthy livestock, that would cost money! Less profit! More cancers, girls getting periods earlier, more autism,

***

Autism, is not caused by environmental factors....it's GENETIC!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I've been a vegetarian before because of a video I watched from PETA. It's important to note that not all facilities treat their animals like that.

We won't be buying Land-O-Lakes products anymore though.
    Anonymous

• Autism, is not caused by environmental factors....it's GENETIC!

laughingright and it has NOTHING to do with toxins we put into our bodies.

Anonymous