Anon VS. Screen name

Both of those still don't let you know who the other person is.
For all you know " Mrs. Smith" could be " Mr. Smith" who is a perve just trying to get info on you.
Why does it really matter to anyone if you are anon or not?
I couldn't care less.
IMO I think that the ones that have an issue with people posting anon ( rude or not) are the ones that are mad that they can not PM them to complain more or to bash them for what they said.

Why does it really matter? Should we all cry a huge river because someone doesn't agree with you? Should you be so upset because they are anon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Thank you!!!! I say the same thing all the time. Do people really need to see my avatar to make them feel better or like they've accomplished something somehow. I hate when anons are called cowards. Just because you can see my pic of a moon or coffee mug doesnt mean anything, you still dont know who I am, I could put my face on my pic and they still wont know who i am. I truly dont see what the big deal is. Some say that people that are anon answer nasty, but i once asked a question, not anon and two women, not anon either pm'd me insults to no end and it was very irritating. I just dont get the fascination of people wanting to see my avatar.
    Anonymous

• nope who cares. if they are saying something offensive or putting someone else down, I always just report them. cafe mom contacts them and tells them to knock it off...lol
    Anonymous

• I get sick of ppl who dont like the anon option blubbering on about "own it" or "get some balls"...look if I had balls I'd be a guy & then I shouldn't be posting here! Those folks just get all upset because they want a profile to go complain to when you answer something in a way they dont like.
    Anonymous

• the only time I post an answer anon is if I know my answer might cause me some backlash or if it's a sex question and I'm embaressed (sp)
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Because using your screen name can set you up for some nasty private messages. Also some people just feel more comfortable under the alias of anon. It is easier to take criticism if it is not directed toward you personally.
    Anonymous

• Ok nobody on here really knows me IRL so I don't care lol. The only thing I really post anon is if it's stuff like financial info (sometimes even then I don't care because honestly who cares what my bills are or what my DH makes), or answers that I am really embarassed about. There's only been a couple of those though lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• This is the internet - the entire thing is anon... as far as nasty private messages - well, isn't that what block is for? Not that hard...
    jas_momof2

Answer by jas_momof2 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• So should I block every person I see in a post just so I don't ge ta PM?
    Doesn't matter. Why should I give them the satisfaction of writing it to begin with?
    Anonymous

• I only ended up with a rude stalker once so far and it was from posting a nice supportive response from a woman who's sister kept telling her she was going to get PPD. I blocked her, end of story. So posting/answering anon in certain things still can't protect you from the cuckoos...they are EVERYWHERE lol.....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Sure you can block a psycho and keep responding under your screenname and you have a psycho stalking everything you write. No thanks. You might like the attention. I don't.
    Anonymous