Really nervous...if someone would please answer this question for me?

My DD is almost three months old and is still in newborn clothing. She eats like a horse..lol so I'm not sure why she isn't growing? I'm really nervous she could have cystic fibrosis. (I looked up some of the symptoms and she sounds congested at times and has the greasy stool).. I don't remember my other child having these types of issues with growing. My husband tells me maybe shes just going to be petite...but I don't know. If someone could please give me some advice I would really appreciate it. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could just be petite! I'm sure your pediatrician would tell you if you have anything to worry about. *hugs* to you. Just love your baby the best way you know how! <3
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 12:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• some kids are tiny

my middle dd was and still is tiny and petite. she ate like a horse but never grew. even today she's only barely 33pounds - she's 6.5 - just look into your family tree, you may find the answers.

if you're truly worried call the dr.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• All you can do is bring it up to her ped. Something could be wrong or nothing at all is wrong, but you will not know until you talk to her ped. After talking and you still feel something is wrong, get a second opinion. All babies are different. My 3 are totally different than the one before LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• She could just be petite. My son is 20 months old and is still in some 6-9 month clothing and the biggest size he can wear is 12 months. Even a lot of those are too big on him. He is just small. But if it were CF I would think she would be sick a lot. They are testing my son for CF but that is because he has asthma and lung issues and digestive issues. And he is sick very often!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Haven't you had her to the Dr? They usually look for things like that in these early months. I remember my Pedi measured, height, weight, head circumfrance and all that every visit. Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease so unless you have it somewhere in one of your families you should ot worry abou that. As far a greasy looking stools, all babies have them at on time or another. Babies stools are nt supposed to be just so in every child. There are a lot of different but still normal stools. Their digestive system is just new therefore the changes.
    Don't rely on a book or internet for diagnosis, you are just scaring yourself for likely no good reason. Go to your Pedi. If you don't like or trust them get a new one.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• i woudn't go by the clothing. at ur baby's checkups what does the doc say? i would say she should be bigger by 6 months. but dont stress yourself out , enjoy these moments uhave while ur baby is little b/c before u know it ur baby will be walking like my son the last of the bunch. I wanted him to grow a slow as possible because I 'm not having any more babies & just really want to enjoy each moment being able to cuddle with him in my arms. Now he pushes me away & chases his sisters lol
    wjaafar28

Answer by wjaafar28 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• you need to take her in to your pediatrician. dontlook online for answers. only adr seeing her physically and doing tests can answer your fears
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Depending on what state you live in, Cystic Fibrosis is one of the genetic disorders that is included in the newborn screening. Ask your ped about those results and if it was included. The only way to "rule-out" CF is to get a Sweat Test done. Your ped will probably have to refer you to a lab that does them. Number one thing is to talk to your ped about your concerns even if she/he doesn't bring up the low weight gain. Let us know what happens!! Teri Su
    boxxofsoxx

Answer by boxxofsoxx at 3:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• She is going to be petite. Don't go by the clothing size. You can look up a growth chart online and you can put her weight and height in and see where she is on the chart. I will assume you are formula feeding so just type in GROWTH CHART and print.

If you are breastfeeding, breastfed babies tend to be smaller than formula babies. But since you did not mention it then I would say she is just going to be petite. Search for a growth chart and plot her weight.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2010