REally? anyone can be a SAHM 'if they just put a little thought into it?'

RIGHT! Here figure this out then:
Mortgage:890
Gas 4 cars:75
natural gas:75
Electric:55
Water:35
daycare:400
Groceries:150-200
Household items & clothing:30-50
pet food:10-15
phone/internet:120
netflix:5
therapy for son:30
medical:0-40
school lunch:15
visa's(2): 40
Car Ins. :75
collections:25
eating out on therapy nights:25
school field trips/class room events:0-25

overdue accounts total around: 6,000
My net monthly: 1040
DH net monthly:1060

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have no interest in being a SAHM.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 3:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• OP: this budget does not include unexpected events such as trips to the ER, car breaking or household emergencies such as hot water heater or air systems...no to mention the septic tank. It needs pumped. that's 300
    Anonymous

• Not everyone wants to stay at home. Why do people think working moms all want to stay at home? I guess if your goal is to stay at home, you probably could "with a little thought." Ask your husband to get a better job, or cut out some of the extras like cell phones or eating out? idk.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I guess it's possible but That could also mean I pay check away from losing your home. Don't get me wrong I'm very frugal but if I was cutting that close I would need nerve meds to just get by. Hopefully your car is in good shape.
    Anonymous

• School lunch for $15.00? How does that work?
    Anonymous

• We went bankrupt and from the looks of your debt to income ratio you might be able to do the same. You need to talk to a credit counselor, go to one that is non profit, not a person trying to get you to take out a loan.

As far as being a stay at home mom it is possible, there are many jobs that you can do at home if you are self motivated and are able to treat it like a job even though you are at home. Several Direct sales jobs, party plans and MLM businesses that are very reasonable to get into. I sell on ebay and make pretty great money doing it and am able to stay at home and my kids are both in school. I get to help out in the class rooms and so forth. I hope that helped a bit.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• wow....you need to do some research on the numbers.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• OP reduced lunches at school for DS
    We only eat out on therapy night because it's from 5-7 and it would be WAY past his bed time to go home and cook.
    Doncha think DH would get a better job if he could? Really? he has been looking for a second job for 3 months now.
    Anonymous

• No it's my way of being pissed that every time I mention I work someone tells me how my son needs me at home and I should think about how I can make that work. Like I don't know that me being at home with him would be best.
    Anonymous

• I'd love to have your mortgage and daycare expenses. Wanna trade? Also wish we qualified for reduced school lunch because, seriously? $15.00 a month? For lunch every day? Wow.

Anonymous