What do you think of the fact that Bush didn't get up immediately from the classroom when he was told about 9/11?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that he was in a room full of five year olds, and I think he didn't ge tup immediatly because there was nothing IMMEDIATLY that he could do that wasn't already being done. Why freak the crap out of a classroom of small children who don't have their parents near by?

I don't agree with Bush, and I didn't like many many of his policies but I really don't think this one had anything to do with him having 'priop knowledge' of the affair.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Also what was he told at that time? Was it that there'd been a plane crash or that there'd been a terrorist attack?

I do know that when the Canadian PM was told about it, he immeadiately ended his meeting (my aunt was in the meeting) so he could see what could be done from us in terms of offering aid.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• What...and pull a "Costanza?!"

(for those who don't remember the scene)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think he did the right thing, to stay calm. If he would have panicked, it would have caused panick for the children AND adults.
    Anonymous

• I didnt care. I dont dwell on insignificant things.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 1:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Thank you ethan's momma.
    Whatever else folks want to villify Pres. Bush for in other situations, in this he showed class and care for the children with his deliberate, un-hysterical behavior.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• LoriKeet !!! GREAT video clip !!!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think people who complain about that conveniently like to forget he wasn't just in a room full of little kids - he was also in a room full of live news cameras that would have replayed him running out of the room on an endless loop along with the planes hitting and the tower falling. My question for those who think he should've have gotten up right away - WHY do you think he should've started a national panic on live tv?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• lol ya because it causes panic to excuse yourself from a room.... OOOH NOOOO!!!

jlstewart922

Answer by jlstewart922 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• lol ya because it causes panic to excuse yourself from a room....

Yeah because CNN would never cut the video to plane hits tower, close up zoom on Bush's worried face, wide shot of him rushing out of room. That would never happen. The news would never DREAM of sensationalizing something with dramatic music in the background, either. Grow up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2010